Soft Sugar Cookies
an easy sugar cookie recipe, that you don't have to roll out
Write a review
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugar.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir into the creamed mixture until dough comes together.
- Roll dough into walnut sized balls and roll the balls in sugar.
- Place them on an unprepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until bottom is light brown.
- Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.
Recipes from Knife River Care Center http://krcc-nd.net/recipes/