Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Great snack or dessert!
Write a review
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 12 regular size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, stir flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt with spoon or whisk.
- In small bowl, beat buttermilk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla with whisk until blended.
- Pour buttermilk mixture into flour mixture; stir until just moistened. Stir in zucchini, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 20-24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Server warm or cool.
Recipes from Knife River Care Center http://krcc-nd.net/recipes/