Garlic Herb-Brined Turkey
If you've never tried making a brined turkey before—this is the one to try. Get out the garlic and fresh herbs and discover how easy it can be
- 1 fresh turkey 12 lb.
- 3 qt. 12 cups water
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 12 cloves garlic lightly crushed
- 1 small onion sliced
- 8 sprigs fresh parsley
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 gal. 4 qt. ice water
- 1 bottle 16 oz. KRAFT Tuscan House Italian Dressing
- 1/4 cup butter
- Remove neck and giblets from turkey cavities; discard or reserve for another use. Place turkey in plastic brining bag or turkey-size oven bag.
- Bring 3 qt. water, salt, garlic, onions and herbs to boil in 8-qt. stockpot on high heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add ice water and dressing; stir until ice is melted. Slowly pour over turkey in bag; tightly close bag. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or up to 16 hours.
- Remove turkey from bag; discard bag and brine. Pat turkey dry with paper towels. Let stand at room temperature 30 min.
- Heat oven to 425ºF. Place turkey on rack in roasting pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 20 min. Reduce oven temperature to 375ºF. Melt butter; brush onto turkey.
- Bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until turkey is done (165ºF). Transfer to cutting board; tent with foil. Let stand 15 min. before carving.
Adapted from Kraft Recipes